View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jordan View Post
Interested for your impressions Serge.
You should be happy with your decision.
Remember to compare "apples to apples," i.e. aiff files ripped from CD's on each machine.
Compressed files from Google "Tunes" if you are indeed using this will show little difference at best IMHO.
Will do. 5 years ago I had started to rip my CD collection in ALAC format since at the time I was planning to use iTune and not long after JRiver. But to my surprise after I installed Roon this week, I noticed that those CD I had ripped are actually in mp3 320 kb format

Funny thing in this is, I will also be able to compare both the mp3 to AIFF of the same CD, on both the CCA and BDP-2. Fun times ahead. I have a friend coming this weekend for lunch and we will spend some time listening.

And today, I won an auction on that big auction site for a Kimber Kable Select KS2416 USB (Don't tell my wife! ). I learned in the manual that with the BDA-3, DSD is available only with the USB input. I felt it was pointless to invest in a good XLR or SPDIF cable because of this. All my cable, except the powers, are Kimber Select Copper. I plan to download some DSD (more difficult here in Canada) to benefit from my DAC and BDP.