View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
Interesting, but no go for me. WAF=no go. Thanks for sharing !
I appreciate your comment and fully understand it. This is my own dedicated room. It's set up specifically for two channel listening but also doubles for movies. I didn't want theater seating per se even though the room could accommodate that. I prefer it to be casual and suitable for conversation but also acoustically correct. That means only low soft (not reflective) coverings between me and the speakers. These can be moved around easily and deployed in a versatile fashion when required.

In civilian/mufti mode, they're just ottomans that sit in front of the sofa or at the side of the room. When deployed for action, they are indeed what they are, We'll roll them behind the sofa (which has a lower back) when we expect guests (usually our kids) to watch movies or listen to music. Or, they can be turned to face the sofa for conversation. As mentioned, they can be pushed to the side walls, stored behind the sofa, what have you. We do like them just used as ottomans for cuddling when listening to Johnny Mathis.(LOL!, HAHA, and age appropriate reference!). Pushed to the corners, they could be bass traps (). Mainly they provide low profile extra seating and are easy to relocate. I agree they're a pretty specific solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessman View Post
That is slick. Congrats!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutomac View Post
Unrelated but nice speakers...
Haha! We like 'em! A lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Lew.......I enjoyed your review. The Salamander Jumpseat looks like a good solution to extra seating that is dual purpose and hidden when not needed. Thanks for letting us know about this interesting product.
They are unique, Dan. Thanks!

Last edited by Pampero; 12-12-2016 at 03:07 PM.