View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwhcfi View Post
Hi Peter,
Do you have a delivery date for the amp or are you still waiting to hear from Dennis? I'm anxious to hear your first impressions.

You're right about the tube ... It's a tetrode. There is no doubt that this amp will not play as loud as a big SS amp but it's about the tone & emotional content according to Dennis. I don't doubt the sound is lovely but is it loud enough? I tend to turn it up the longer I listen.

I do know one thing, my 120 wpc tube amp sounds much larger than my 100 wpc SS amp.
Still waiting. I think Dennis is just getting busy. Word has gotten out and it doesn't take much to slow things down since he is building these by hand. On 12/4, he said he was fabricating six chassis (what's the plural of chassis?) and hasn't listed anything on eBay since, so I'm guessing that he is working on direct orders now. I will be away 12/31-1/10, so I probably won't have anything to post until I get back. Even if he ships this week, it will cut things very close, so it will be after vacation that I will be able to spend some time with it.

I'll contact him now and get the status and report back.