View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuisunutopiste View Post
It seems that the A-60 and A-65 were very close, but that the A-70 was a major improvement, and that the A-75 is very similar and not fundamentally different.
For the series A-45, A-46 and A-47 somebody told me that they are very similar, but that the new A-48 is a different machine, with a major improvement (with elements deriving from the A-200 and A-75). Can anybody confirm this? Is the A-48 a major improvement? (I am wondering about buying a second hand unit, or taking a good deal on the A-47 series that is running out, or waiting for the new A-48). Thanks for your comments.
From a strictly technical point of view you may be right.
However, Accuphase never ever brought a new model on the market without also a clearly audible sonic improvement. In reality the different models may not have been as very close as you think.
Whether you can (fully) hear the sonic improvement, entirely depends on the other components in your system.

Example: my B&W 800 D3 was fairly well matching with the A-200 but the A-250 was a significant improvement capable of remarkably better showing off the speakers potential.

I'd highly recommend to either compare the two models (A-47 and A-48) within your own system, or on a similar system to yours at a dealer.
And also please keep in mind, that you might update other components of your system in the future, that may lead to the power amp becoming the limiting factor.
Personally, I'd clearly go for the new A-48.

Martin