View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 02:51 PM

Eureka! I've got the basics set up and am loving it!

Thanks for all the help in getting here. I was in fact able to connect my MS Surface laptop to the router by Ethernet cable after all, there was a bridge available in the docking hub after all. These new laptops are so small now that a lot of older connectivity we'd come to expect needs to be outboard.

As an observation, I was initially trying to work off the hard copy printed Quick Start guide. I actually found the online Aurender user guide to be much more helpful.

So far so good, I've ripped about 20 albums to AIFF using dbPoweramp, and counting. Dan - it really is as simple as dragging and dropping to the Aurender. Nice. I also find the Conductor app to be plenty intuitive - though I am still figuring out how to navigate it best.

A few questions have come up - glad to hear your thoughts.

1. I am running into the K-03 DAC. I started playing music right away and then remembered the various filter settings. By default, I was playing on USB Normal setting. What prompted me to look into it was that there are some sample 192kHz material already loaded on the Aurender, and everything was playing at 44.1 (capped?). I then tried the HS 1, and HS 2 asynchronous inputs (the latter has been recommended elsewehere as a good choice.) That enabled 192 resolution in the sample tracks. In reading the manual, it talks about downloading drivers for HS1 and HS2 - is that even required, or did the Aurender take care of this natively? So far HS2 seems to work fine with no clicks or anything. Dan, I am interested in your personal setup choices here.

2. SO far I am ripping just my CD's. I don't know what options there are for SACD's. Can someone elaborate?

Thanks for sharing my excitement - the convenience is really off the charts. I have been spinning CD's for SO many years, this really improves the experience. It makes my collection, which was stored and strewn over the house, truly accessible again.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180121_131720.jpg (95.1 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by jdandy; 01-21-2018 at 03:01 PM. Reason: enlarge photo