View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Mike.......In my opinion, this instructor abused his position by making those calls to other concealed carry instructors. He took it upon himself to defame this woman who simply needed additional guidance and instruction. He has put himself in jeopardy of facing a defamation of character lawsuit by attempting to deny this woman the right to carry a concealed weapon. There are plenty of gungho people who simply need additional attention at the training level to help them become aware of the error of that type of thinking. That, in and of itself, is no reason to actively engage in attempting to deny a law abiding citizen their lawful right to a concealed carry permit. I wonder how many other concealed carry students he has passed who are equally gungho but kept it to themselves. How would he know? It's his business to give the class, not to be a judge of who is worthy and who is not. By making this admission before another class of students this instructor has further defamed this woman, not to mention creating a room full of witnesses to support a lawsuit against him should she become aware of his behavior and decide to seek restitution. Those witnesses include you now that you have documented the instructors admission here. Personally, I hope she does find out this person has attempted to deny her rights by defaming her. It would serve him right for her to sue him. That instructor is just that, an instructor, not the keeper of the castle. He is probably still telling that story to bolster his own ego in front of his classes. His actions were/are totally out of line.
Dan,

I hear what you're saying, I absolutely do. I condensed and cleaned up the story quite a bit. If what he told me is only half true, trust me.....you do not want this woman touching a firearm let alone carrying one.