View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 06:13 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohibaman View Post
When I took my concealed carry course, the instructor asked a number of questions about hypothetical situation and how you would react. One of the questions was, "After pumping gas, you walk up to the convenience store to pay. Before you open the door and enter, you see one customer pointing a handgun at another customer while the the clerk watches. What do you do?"

After giving our answers (The correct answers by the way), he told us a story about a woman in one of his previous classes, who was very adamant about going in and shooting the guy with the gun. The instructor went through many iterations explaining to her why that was a bad idea, and why she should just become a witness and call 911. He finally called every instructor in the state to make sure that she never gets her concealed carry permit!
Mike.......In my opinion, this instructor abused his position by making those calls to other concealed carry instructors. He took it upon himself to defame this woman who simply needed additional guidance and instruction. He has put himself in jeopardy of facing a defamation of character lawsuit by attempting to deny this woman the right to carry a concealed weapon. There are plenty of gungho people who simply need additional attention at the training level to help them become aware of the error of that type of thinking. That, in and of itself, is no reason to actively engage in attempting to deny a law abiding citizen their lawful right to a concealed carry permit. I wonder how many other concealed carry students he has passed who are equally gungho but kept it to themselves. How would he know? It's his business to give the class, not to be a judge of who is worthy and who is not.

By making this admission before another class of students this instructor has further defamed this woman, not to mention creating a room full of witnesses to support a lawsuit against him should she become aware of his behavior and decide to seek restitution. Those witnesses include you now that you have documented the instructors admission here. Personally, I hope she does find out this person has attempted to deny her rights by defaming her. It would serve him right for her to sue him. That instructor is just that, an instructor, not the keeper of the castle. He is probably still telling that story to bolster his own ego in front of his classes. His actions were/are totally out of line.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 07-14-2016 at 06:17 PM.