View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainAnalog View Post
@PeterMusic - thanks for your thoughts. You suggestions are down my path of exploration. I love my speakers and the C22 and 275 amp so what would be my next meaningful upgrade. The list I'm researching: Sub (likely RL F112), upgrade my 6 year old Sumiko Blackbird cartridge (or entire turntable?) Or buy a second 275 (for 3db and some headroom). I don't ever listen near full volume so I think it's the last choice.

I'll start reading up on the Nordost suggestion. My dealer has been great on loaners

Is there a "what should my next upgrade be?" Thread here? A !/$ discussion because that's how I'm approaching it. Buy more music to enjoy is assumed...

I use a C500T and mono MC275’s. I added stereo REL G1 subs with remarkable improvement in bass, treble, midrange body and imaging. I can not recommend these subs enough. BUT keep in mind that proper set up is essential for any subwoofer.

As far as power conditioning and cables go I love Shunyata. The higher up the range the better. Don’t be shy to spend ridiculous $$$ on it as the benefits seem to take the MC275 and C500 to much higher levels.

I also did a complete down to the studs update of my room with 12 gauge power, 6 dedicated 20A lines and sound insulation.

I would recommend any of these rather than go with a MEN220, but that’s just my personal opinion (no need to stone me).

I have not changed my system significantly in 5 years and have not felt a strong need.
That said IF I were looking to get back on the Merry Go Round I would consider updating my power and signal cables. I would also love to work a pair of MC901’s into my rig but my Focal Scala’s are not biwirable.

Good luck. [emoji256]

Mike S.