View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 06:04 AM

I ended up going for the V1.5 with a JL Audio f112. The B1 experience was way too traumatic for me to choose that root.

I had a REL Strata 3 but decided to replace it with HL Audio f112 for its speed. And, as far as I can tell, the feeling is that I have no subwoofer: all the sound spectrum seems to be perfectly integrated.

In no moment I doubt B1's qualities. And place all the faults in the room which, after having been measured, speaks for itself as inappropriate. Mainly the problems happened in the bass domain. And, given the room characteristics it would be very hard to install bass traps at the corners. So, since the V1.5 work so well with the f112, that was my option in the end.

What I have: great bass, great mediums, great treble, lots of detail and no harshness even at high volumes.
What I lack: sound pressure.
Can't have it all.

I still intend to do some room treatment. I'll treat the first reflections by adding curtains on one side (there's a window) and a bookshelf on the other. And I'll add diffusers to the wall behind the listening spot and maybe to the wall behind the speakers and maybe also to the ceiling.

But these wouldn't be enough to solve the bass problems. So, for now, the V1.5 were my choice. And I'm happy with it.

Thanks for your inputs,
Nuno