View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawgWest View Post
Disappointing to hear about the shipping damage. It will be interesting to read your thoughts on the Ramones cassette release.
I really can't believe something like that was shipped so poorly. Just a really thin box with zero bubble wrap or padding around the box set itself. I'm guessing the Ramones cassette won't sound that great due to the tape quality issue I mentioned. It also won't have Dolby (for what that's worth) since the gear doesn't exist anymore from what I understand. But I buy pretty much everything Ramones even though I already own it all their songs in multiple formats as it is

More back on topic, I don't really know what to think of this whole cassette fad recently. I fully understand vinyl coming back, to me it never went away and there are advantages over CD (IMO). Even owning a really nice Nak I don't see much actual advantage of tapes other than just having fun w/the format and maybe tracking down odd indie releases from the 80s/90s that only existed on cassette. Or low-gen bootlegs from back in the day for transferring. The sound on tape isn't superior to other formats. The upkeep of the mechanics on a tape deck is worse than that of a turntable or CD player. The artwork/liner notes are super tiny. There's just no real advantages as a pre-recorded format.