Thread: dCS Vivaldi 2.0
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enatai252 View Post
I have a Vivaldi stack sans the transport. I upgraded the DAC to 2.0 when the SW upgrade first became available. The Upsampler requires a HW upgrade in addition to SW and mine is getting updated next Friday. I have been very impressed with the DAC 2.0 update....the additional mapping algorithms (I have been using MAP1) improved the performance. Looking forward to seeing what the new upsampler upgrade brings. I primarily listen through the Ethernet input on the upsampler. The upgrade also brings with it the use of the new Vivaldi app....different UX....but similar to the Rossini which I use in my study. Another member here is also updating his upsampler soon
Update...

dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus
I received my update to bring the Vivaldi Upsampler to "Plus" status yesterday. The new network/USB board has been significantly reengineered and should result in benefits for those using the network/USB inputs like me. I saw some old board vs new board comparisons and it's clear that dCS took great care in redesigning. You can now upsample to 2XDSD but I have historically used DXD on PCM data and will stay the course while I get used to the new unit

Other benefits include Tidal, Spotify and AirPlay capability similar to the Rosini although given the quality of the latter two I will only be using Tidal lossless on this system

The new upsampler does switch you over to the new control app which is a change in Ui for those using the old app. I actually prefer the new format and since I also have a Rossini have been using the new app with that unit for awhile. The app easily allows you to control many of the Upsampler and DAC functions such as sampling rate, inputs and filters along with other parameters. My one wish is that while it will put the Upsampler, DAC and transport into sleep mode..I still have to manually turn on/off the clock. Maybe next update.

Plan to listen over the upcoming 3 day weekend and spend sometime comparing with the Rosinni/clock now that both have similar network boards....may not be a fair fight as I understand dCS took what it learned from Rossini and than greatly improved it