View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 02:39 AM

Default New (to me) D'Agostinos in the house

The Momentum preamp is a double-dose helping of what the Momentum amp brings to the system. With sprinkles on top.

Same continuous, cut from the same bolt of cloth sound. Same great spatial rendering, same great color and tone and texture.

Not warm and gooey. No way -- just the opposite, like diving into the most transparent, gin-clear tropical lagoon ever and swimming around looking down through the water at the perfectly clear grains of sand and shells on the bottom 40 feet below. I've never listened so deep into and through my music as I have with the Momentum preamp and amplifier in my system. It's a feeling like I could get up and walk around, between and behind the performers in my living room. And I like this feeling very, very much! The two Momentums seem to have an undeniable synergy between them, and are very seductive together.

When the phono amp gets here next week, fingers crossed, I'll follow up with some gushing I'm sure. Until then, I'll just have to content myself with keeping them dusted and turning them on to see the meters light up.

Steve Z

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!