View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 04:35 AM

ok I 'm here.
At first I am so reluctant to move the amp in to the room, the mover guys didn't look
well groom to me, I concern security,I didn't want them to see what I have in my home. So I dimmed all the light, cover everything with blanket.
back to topic. The Pandora is still in the box, I connect Memphisto to ARC pre amp.
2 surprises.
1. ARC drive them very well no sign of weaken by low input impedance load.
2. sound is same ! same as Moon. but with darker and shut in treble.
3. feel disappointed.
But Hey, I am an audiophile with long experience. So I told to myself, hey this is class A solid state amp that has been unplugged since Friday. Give it some time to warm up.
we played some music and concert from BD for an hour. during that time I noticed the
treble to be much nicer. bass depth and drums impact is astonishing. little problem is that my speaker cables is too short when use with stereo amp like this. other problem is that now I connect Stage III power cords to the amp, my own cords will not make as good sound.
In 2-3 days I will put Pandora in. and may be some more comments tonight.
for now they are very musical and powerful, but I guess this is the effect of Stage III power cables too.
Toga
Sorry for poor quality photo, camera seems unable to do auto focus well on shiny black target.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_2309_resize.jpg (90.7 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2301_resize.jpg (72.0 KB, 180 views)

Last edited by TOGA; 09-09-2013 at 05:03 AM.