View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 07:56 AM

So, almost a year after the last post, I am now using the KWI 200 with my Guarneri memento's at the office. Wonderful sound and a terrific match with Sonus fabers.

I almost sold this amp as I was using the McIntosh headphone amp/integrated at the office. My initial thought was that I would listen to headphones for the majority of time and only occasionally use the speakers. It turned out to be the opposite, and the headphones started to gather too much dust (figuratively speaking). I brought the KWI back in to see if there would be much difference in sound between the Mac and KWI. I was shocked at just how good the KWI sounded. I don't turn things very loud at the office, but even at low volumes the bass was more punchy, full and detailed. Perhaps the extra power reserves of the bigger amp make the difference. Vocals are still warm and rich (if recorded that way) and there is plenty of air and ambiance. Really quite a wonderful amp.

It would be a very fun side-by-side comparison with other top-notch integrated's from Mac, Pass, Luxman, etc. I think the KWI could hold its own pretty well.