Thread: Sooloos Tips
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Member #1000

Loading tip #4) Having reviews available on the Control 10/15 is very cool. I thought it would be cool to have more reading info there so I add in artist biographies along with the reviews. Just find the artist bio online (All Music Guide) and using Control PC/Mac copy and paste the bio in.

Loading tip #5) Meridian added a section called "Tags" which is a "Focus" searchable field. You can use Tags for any info you would like to add to the metadata. Don't forget you have this field to use.

I use Tags for the media type that was the original source for the album. For example: CD, Gold CD, XRCD, Dual layer SACD, LP, DVD-A, Download, High Res Download... This way I can find and "Focus" all my Gold CDs very quickly with just two taps on my Control 10 screen. If you are wondering, I have 328 Gold CDs on my Sooloos right now.

You can also use Tags as reminders for you. For example: if you are loading and you know an album you just loaded needs more editing but you don't want to do it right now just make a tag called "Edit" then you can quickly find these albums later.

If you have a huge Classical collection you can use tags for composers or orchestras to help organize your collection.

There are many uses for tags, don't forget they are there.

Loading tip #6) When editing album info if you are copying and pasting when you go to "paste" in Control PC you don't get a drop down menu when you "right click". To paste into Control 10 editing fields just left click in the selected field to get the cursor in there then hit "control V" on the keyboard.

I have not used Control Mac so I'm not sure if this is a problem with Apple computers.

I don't really like the way Sooloos deals with multidisc sets, you can combine them as a set but I like them better as a single album. My method is time consuming but the end results work best.

Loading tip #7) To load multi disc sets as a single album:
Load the CDs on the Sooloos as you normally would, once the entire set is loaded export (as flac files) the CDs to your PC. Next import all the CDs in the set at the same time and "unalbumize" them then create a single album from all the songs in the set (make sure to get the track order correct by selecting the songs in play order). Now comes the first problem, All Music will not be able to automatically identify the newly created album so you will need to go to All Music and get the album number (at the bottom left of the web page) and you can then use this number to force the album data in. The next problem is when you force the data in like this it will only give song titles for the songs on CD 1, the rest will show as "unknown". Instead of typing in all the song titles you can simply select "revert to user data" at the bottom of the track editing page. Once you get all your data correctly entered complete the import. Don't forget to delete the original CDs from the Sooloos.

I've done this with about 100 multi disc sets on my Sooloos, it took some time but I'm glad I did it.

That's all the loading tips I can think of.

Here is a non-loading tip:

To go directly to a song in a Queue on the Control 10/15 double click it. I had no idea the Control 10/15 had double click features until I accidentally did this.