Thread: Sooloos Tips
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Member #1000

Default Sooloos Tips

Now that there are a few people using Sooloos systems I thought I would start a thread so we can share our Sooloos tips. I'll start off and list my tips.

Loading tip #1) I'm sure by now you have noticed that the pic Sooloos finds for the metadata is only 200x200 and pretty much sucks. Unfortunately you will have to manually change all the album pics using your PC interface. I've found that the bigger the better for the pics especially if you are using the "Dark" screensaver. Pics 1000x1000 work great but anything 500x500 are pretty good. The best place to get pics on the Internet is Album Art Exchange - High Quality Album Art (Album Covers and CD Covers) next best place is the MP3 section on Amazon then Amazon's music section then Google Images or Ebay as a last resort.

I think you already know that Sooloos uses All Music Guide for it's metadata. If the Sooloos does not find the data you can sometimes "force" it in.

Loading tip #2) To import metadata on files the Sooloos does not find: From the Control PC/Mac in the editing screen select "Update Metadata" at the bottom and enter the 10 digit AMG Album ID number from the lower left side of the AMG web page for that album. The number of spaces is important when entering this number, keep in mind the number is 10 digits long so if you see R 6209 you know there are 5 spaces. Also when doing this during importing, I find it works better if you leave the artist's name blank and only have the Album Name and AMG Album ID number entered.

Loading tip #3) Check the track titles when loading. It's much easier catching mistakes when loading the albums especially when loading FLAC or Apple Lossless files. If you find track title mistakes when loading FLAC or Apple Lossless files you can simply select "Revert to user data" at the bottom of the editing page, this will save you some manual typing time.