View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Freddie - very nice.
What do you think of their new flat carbon fiber TA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3chnobrat View Post
What are your impressions of the Paua? What was the previous cart?
Sorry for the VERY delayed reply. (I had forgotten I even posted in this thread )

I like this flat TA - A LOT. It's extremely rigid and a dream to set up. The thin flat profile makes VTA adjustment simple. Replacing cartridges is a snap because the TA can be removed in about 15 seconds. The counterweight mounting system is also very cleverly done. Overall, it's the best sounding table I've ever owned. The E-Flat boasts rock solid construction all the way round.

As to the Paua Mk. II, what a lovely sounding cartridge. Very fluid, dynamic and quiet. Tracks flawlessly and really sees into the music. No coloration that I can tell. Very transparent. Best cart I've ever owned. It replaced a Denon DL 304 which I though was a pretty good cartridge (and it is) but not in the same league as the Soundsmith.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)