View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 06:56 PM

Default How do you organize/remember streaming albums?

I use CLZ (Collectorz) to catalogue music I own: downloads, CDs, and vinyl. It’s a great app, has Windows and Mac programs and syncs across all devices, but it’s really a cataloging software, not designed for what you want.

Roon has favorites and playlists, but their playlists, like others, end up as a list of tracks. However Roon also has a feature called “Tags” which allows you to create a tag and then tag albums or tracks. I use it mostly to tag the discs of a box set, but it would work well for what you’re trying to do. You could set up a tag for your Bach favorites and tag the albums and/or tracks you want. You then go to the “Tags” view to see the selection of tags, select the tag you want, and then view the tagged items by album, artist, track, or composer. Unfortunately playing everything in a tag is a bit clunky, there’s no single “play” button to play everything with that tag, you have to select the albums and then select play, or add them to the current queue.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2

Last edited by Antonmb; 09-02-2019 at 07:28 PM.