View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Go Dawgs

Default How do you organize/remember streaming albums?

Now that the DCS Rossini is installed and in the system, I've spent some time exploring Qobuz and Tidal and enjoying some of the streaming Hi Rez files they have to offer. It's bee a lot of fun so far. What I have been disappointed with is the basic organization that Tidal and Qobuz offers to their members. It looks like artists, favorites and playlists are about as far as you can go using their streaming apps or the DCS Mosaic app....I haven't explored Roon yet although maybe I will in the future. I posed this question to Marc and Steve and they both told me the same thing, you cannot organize playlists by artist/genre etc. using either streaming service.

For example, if i wanted to make a playlist of all Bach albums I like that are High Rez, it's going to be just a long line of tracks instead of organized by albums which would be a heck of a lot more convenient. The list of course would work, but if you have a list of 25 albums, it'll take a bit to find what you're looking for rather than if was organized by folder. Let's say I wanted to make a list/folder of "Stereophile" recordings by year or something, is there no way to organize other than one huge list of songs?

I assume the answer is no, so if so, what do you all use to keep track of favorite albums etc? Do you just use the playlist feature and live with it? I found a neat app on iOS called CLZ Music which allows you to organize your collection by pretty much any tag you want, label, artist, genre and it'll sort whichever way you tell it. Of course the drawback there is that it's in another separate app and you have to load everything you like in there which could take forever. That being said, you can do pretty much any search and it'll find what you're looking for so it's great for archiving your albums....then you could go to your music streaming app and search for it. Anyway, what do you all use to remember favorites when you're listening to Tidal or Qobuz?

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3