View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 11:14 AM

Default Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
I watched almost all of this video. It motivated me to work on my rake angles. Not sure Hootie is now exactly 5'8" off of my floor but both speakers are now at exactly the same angle and that has added an extra measure of coherence to the sound as well as filled in the stage - up/ down and side to side. Not sure if this makes sense, I had a good lock on a singers voice in the center and of the correct size but I still had a feeling the two speakers were there. Meaning some sounds caused me to know the right speaker was there. After adjusting the rake, that effect has almost gone completely away. And THAT tells me I am now - THERE!

I was not able to pick up what his secret sauce is above and beyond the wonderful Sumiko Masters process but he seems to know that and that is 99+% of the process.

Perhaps you can eloborate on the rake?
My speakers have minor toe in and my vocals are dead center giving a 3dimensioanal sound. My neighbor swore I had an active center channel on during 2channel listening, recently.
Exactly what is the determining factor for raising the speakers from the floor so the vocals sound as if the artist is in a standing position. I noticed from the website that there were speakers on platforms/stands.
Adequate speakers stands or platform do not seem easy to come by.
My diamonds are 90lbs nor exactly easy to lift.

Thanks