View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:09 AM

Thanks all.

So are you guys saying that this may be all room mode/standing wave related, and some room treatments will bring back the bass? How do i know what to do and where to put the traps? Is there anyone on LI that offers this service?

I will try the equilateral triangle, but i did previously walk around the room and couldnt find the bass anywhere.

TOGA, thanks for the attachment but I cant open it due to corp filters. As for the JL sub setup before, I actually kept it turned down low. I am not a bass head by any means, and if I detected heavy bass or even pressurization, I turned it down. No, this is simply a matter of missing mids and bass.

Ritmo, the floor is slab with vinyl tile, but the 8x10 area in front of the speakers is covered by a thin area rug.

I am definitely going to try to get a dealer or some kind nearby audiophile (anyone on LI? ) to let me try a better amp to see what happens.

Maybe it's as Ritmo said, the Salon 2 just doesnt like average recordings, but i just cant believe that. I'll bet this is a fixable situation. Salon 2 owners out there, are you only listening to very good recordings? Do average recordings sound like what I've described: thin voices, thin mids and no low bass?