View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM992 View Post
Yes, it was good to be able to check the exact boxes I wanted .. my only regret is not getting the front axle lift, as I also got the 10mm lower suspension with my options but as it was my dealer said it's the most expensive Carrera 4S he's sold to date in his 15 years selling Porsche.
It's ok, you get used to it. My first GT3 was before they offered the axle lift and it was scraping with its rubber chin spoiler everywhere I went. The next one I made sure to get it but truth be told it gets old pushing that button every time you enter or leave a parking lot, speed bumps, etc... With the few Ferrari cars I owned, it was a real pain in the butt... That got old real quick.

In fact driving around town in a performance car is a drag in itself. All those ponies and no place to let them loose. I used to enjoy the back roads and ahem... "spirited drives" but one can only push their luck so many times.

It wasn't until I hit the track a few times that I realized how silly the whole thing is to drive cars like that on the street.

So back to the Targa... Nice scenic drives with open air feeling, sane, reasonable and prudent speeds is what I enjoy most these days. Hardly need a Porsche for that since my Wrangler Rubicon has a push button open top option but the heart wants what it wants... The Porsche dream dies last.