View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 03:09 PM

I am not as familiar with the newer Sonus Faber speakers but back in the day they were definitely a “colored” and “euphonic” speaker just like some others were in fact too aggressive and forward sounding. I don’t know if there really is such a thing as a true “reference” speaker since they all are voiced and designed by the taste of their respective designer but the Sonus Faber is just as “high end” as any other speaker from respected manufacturers today. It’s a question of what suits your taste and system Synergy more. I understand what Paul is saying although I would not agree with his choice of wording the description of Sonus Faber as not high end. In any case, chasing a true high end or reference grade speaker is a pipe dream with our current technology, they are all colored or tonally misbalanced in one way or another not to mention their interaction with and acoustics of the listening room where they are placed.

Who cares if someone thinks your favorite brand is high end or not anyways as long as they are bringing you listening pleasure in the end?