View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestone View Post
I bet I would love it!

Beautiful set up you have created and I admire your being able to share and discuss your experiences with a few similarly interested buddies. That shared experience has to be the most fun.

Digital is sort of depressing in that it always gets a little or a lot better. Technology marches on relentlessly it appears.

Since I replaced my Sonus Faber with Shindo I haven't used digital once. In fairness I also installed a good turntable then too. There is something about the process of listening to vinyl that amplifies my listening experience. I think I have too much digital elsewhere in my life. I really should get a sacd player but somehow I just haven't yet.

You have beautiful high quality components that mirrors my new found tube and horn sensibilities. It must sound spectacularly good.

Love to hear it.
Richard-

Thanks for the compliment- The goodies are sounding better all the time, as yes it's fun to share audio w/ friends (& food & wine too !)- You'll have to pop over one of these times-

I agree w/ you on digital component tech- Interestingly w/ Gordon (Wavelength), he has the same DACs for many years (mine's from '07ish), as a base, though he upgrades them as he sees fit- He has updated the modules (easy switch yourself, no need to have Gordon do it), and now has High Speed (HS) (which does need to be done by Gordon)-

This is very unusual, and makes Wavelength 'classic' & helps it hold it's value, since you can upgrade, instead of having to constantly buy new stuff !

I still have to get the highest module + the HS upgrade, though I wanted to try it out as-is first, so we could gauge the improvements-

Also my Silver transformers that Stephen mentioned, were only done in a small one time lot (since Gordon has to make a group/lot purchase, to get an ok price)- Luckily silver was much, much cheaper then too- Replacement cost now (according to Gordon), would be 50%++ more expensive, and probably won't happen anyway, unless he got a commitment from his dealers to buy several units (he needs to build 10-15 pcs at a time of the silver trannies)-

Glad you're having a wonderful time listening to vinyl- I'm slowly getting back into it, trying to reserve LP purchases to absolute favorites- Of course I'm not always successful, and sometimes succumb to vinyl's 'siren song', and get a few extras, here and there-

Only have about 100 LPs now, & definitely will never go above 500- I used to collect, now I only care about SQ (Better Records baby !)

Trying to thin my CD/SACD collection, since there's only so much time- I have a box for rejects, as I listen to many piles of previously unheard discs- They get donated to the library, and written off, ha ha-

Cheers to "tube and horn sensibilities" !

David