View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musica Amantem View Post
Oh, I agree, I was just explaining what my experiences have been ... I would probably tell the difference only between mesh plate and rigid plate on the same rectifier.
Update: Well, apparently even this presumably evident difference between mesh and rigid plates in the 274B is hard to identify ... So far, I have been using the Aqua version (rigid plate 274B from Sophia Electric) and it sounds about the same to my ears, in the same system.

No more tube-rolling for me for a while, as my mesh plate turned out to be still alive! (go figure, it is back working flawlessly). I need to concentrate in getting the EITR and the Audiophile Optimizer, and setup the virtual stream server with JPlayer/Linn Kazoo/MinimServer and call it quits, finally.

I'm curious to know if someone has had a chance to compare PSE vs SE Inspire amp designs, with the same tube types, and could comment on sound quality differences (other than SPL's). Since everything is relative, it would not matter whether the configuration (which has to be the same in both alternatives) is Pentode or Triode-strapped, as I'm sure differences, if real, would carry out to both configurations. Thanks!

Last edited by Musica Amantem; 11-30-2017 at 09:09 AM.