Thread: Rmaf 2017
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robc33 View Post
Zu Audio has been on my radar for a while now. I almost ordered a pair of Soul Supremes before I bought my current speakers, to demo at home just out of curiosity, but never did. After reading the impressions on this thread, it has rekindled my interest. After speaking to Gerrit, over at Zu, I booked flights and hotel for Capital Audiofest, Nov.4-5th to go and listen to the Druid 6s. If anyone cares to share a more detailed impression of their performance, and comparison to the 17K Definitions, feel free to PM me, or i can pass along my cell# to chat if you prefer. Really love that they are 101Db efficient! My MC 2301s won't even break a sweat.
Heard the Druid VI's at RMAF a couple of weeks ago. They sounded smoother and more refined than other Zu's I have heard. A very good speaker. I found them to throw a large soundstage and have nicely articulated transients/dynamics as well as accurate timbre. The Zu Definitions were playing in the Xact room to good effect also. I think the room with the Definitions might have been a bit small for them as they were very "impactful" but a touch thick sounding. I'd like to hear the Definitions in a bigger room where they could really sing. If you're thinking of dropping $10K on a pair of speakers you might want to see if the new F-228 from Revel is at the show - very impressive. I'm not trying to sway you away from the Zu's - just noted sat the show that at that price the Revel F-228's are a "must consider" type of product.