View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 01:17 AM

Default MC8207 Amp front left low output

Hey all,

Have had my McIntosh 8207 for about two years now and is a workhorse for my home theater. Today, I noticed that the front left channel has lower output volume compared to the other channels. After troubleshooting, to include running the front right and left AV processor (MX121) XLR outputs to my home stereo in the theatre room (yes, I prewired HDMI, Coax, XLR, and CAT 6 to the analog stereo area) which afforded me the opportunity to test the AV outputs for the left right channels and any sources independent of the amp. Well, both rerouted channels from the AV processor play perfectly going through the stereo (McIntosh MC2301 tube amps) along with the 8207 pushing the center, from right, and surround speakers with no problem. So, it’s isolated to the front left output of the amp. Don’t want to use my analog rig for home theater forever, but will in the short term until I get the amp fixed. Anyone else experience dropouts on their amps such what I have described? Let me know what you had done to get it fixed if you had the same problem. This is not a source or AV processor issue, as I have ruled that out through my own troubleshooting.

I guess I need to call dealer for a pick up. I can’t move that amp as I am rehabilitation from surgery. Thanks in advance.