Thread: Dyn and Naim
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 10:11 PM

I am getting towards the end of an upgrade path that has taken 2 years to complete. I am currently running a pair of Dynaudio Focus 160s from a Naim NAC 202/NAP 150X combination which is augmented with a Teddy Pardo TeddyCap PSU. This setup is, to my 50+ year old ears, really impressive. The Focus 160s are the latest addition, replacing a set of Dynaudio Excite X12s. The 160s have a sweeter treble and a bit more of the bass extension and presence that I was looking for. My previous speakers included Epos ES14s, which have a legendary status in the UK when paired with Naim. However, I prefer the Focus 160s now and they really do complement my Naim gear. Naim is a bit of a cult thing, you either love it or hate it. For me, it is about wringing every last detail out of the music and giving you a fast and lively sound. The Dynaudio synergy is that they are similarly detailed and you end up with a hugely transparent window into the music. Do not worry that the Naim amplifiers appear to have such low power outputs, Naim Watts are used very effectively!