View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 09:47 AM

Unfortunately for Custodian, they have no positive reputation left which he would be able to leverage in getting them to make a repair. Between the two parties involved, they have completely trashed the brand.

Mind you, it appeared the poor service issues existed before the legal fracas.

Important to note, given people throwing around counterfeit, etc, is that Pure Power units were being made in Taiwan at the time everything went pear shaped. In the case of Sandman's unit, this just means that the dealer bought it direct from the Taiwanese arm (presumably at a lower price, allowing higher margin) than paying more via placing the order through the Canadian office. The units were the same either way.

The Taiwanese units are now sold as Pro Power - they have quite an active global distribution network, unlike Pure Power.

The legal disputes were over the name, not the contents inside the case. Which should be telling: no one is claiming ownership of the circuit design. Suggests to me that either the original product design had been contracted out to a third party, or it is a Frankenstein that the two parties were both involved with. This is not, by example, a PS Audio design and manufacturing company at work here.

If Pure Power will not provide the parts Custodian needs, maybe they could be ordered through a Pro Power dealer? Won't help if it is a warranty claim, but the warranty seems close to useless given the comments here. Things may be different in the US/NA, but here I don't absolve the retailer from the warranty process. I expect them to coordinate any warranty work with the distributor / manufacturer.

A very frustrating situation for customers - pay the most, and get treated the worst