View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 06:28 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
Reducing noise in a component that can interfere with playback plays a big part in sound quality.

To me, isolating power in a separate box from other electronics is beneficial, but no
matter the price point, manufactures take either this path or build it all in.

What’s your take?

What’s your preference?
I would think that noise isolation in separate box would be beneficial all other things equal. The problem is that now you have ANOTHER box to fit somewhere and the cost of the product is now increased substantially due to another box, shipping is more expensive etc etc. There are many desirable models that use the separate power supply chassis like the Audio Research REF 10 preamp and the D'agostino Momentum phonostage and preamps. Dan was doing this at Krell too with the Krell Audio Standards among others. I would assume that a lot of manufacturers don't want the extra cost passed on to their customers or you may see more of these type of components.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3