View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 10:20 AM

Everyone wants "The Best." As technology advances and we continue to refine existing technologies, it only gets better.

Interesting perspective Bill.. but who defines what is best and who decides that that is right? Since musical enjoyment is a subjective decision then what is best.. will vary as much as there are people interested in music.

I do agree that in a general sense there is a desire to move towards improvement. To get something 'better' than you have now, but there is that theory of diminishing returns.

I mean is 'digital' the best? or is 'analog' the best? Is playing vinyl better then streaming music? Is the Burmester Music Server 'better' then Sooloos? Personally, I'm very happy with Sonos...

There is nothing wrong with being passionate about High Fidelity. If you have the means then GO for it. I love hearing systems that are superlative, but that doesn't meant I would want to own one.

If I had a choice between having no music and listening to music a hand held transistor radio, I can tell you, I would opt for the radio.

Would I prefer listening to Melody Gardot in person or on Ivan's system? I'd prefer to hear her live. Yet, chances are she would sound better on Ivan's system or a couple of dozen systems I've seen here.. and I think she sounds damn good on mine...

Just.. saying..