View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepub View Post
Having lived with the P350 for almost five years before switching to the Burmester 911 mk.3, the Burmester definitely has a level of refinement that the 350 does not have (though the 350 is still excellent in this regard) you really have to go to a pair of 911's to get more dynamic punch than a single 350.

For the money, and especially now what you can pick up a used 350 for, it really is tough to beat unless you have five figures to spend. And even then, the synergy of a P350 with an ACT 2, ART 3 or the GAT is amazing.

Perhaps the only achilles heel with the 350 is that for a SS amp it is very sensitive to loading: i.e. don't ever disconnect the speaker cables when the amp is on, or ever touch the speaker cables together (accidentally) even at low volume, or trouble could result. Mine was blown up this way once.

The 911 is a more robust amplifier in this regard. Dieter Burmester told me that the 911 is "virtually impossible to damage."
Yes, I think the Premier 350 is pretty remarkable, and has some Burmester 911 MkIII-like qualities. And it certainly has cojones!

Even paired with a CT-5, which is quite similar to an ACT2, I think it's sensational.

I just hope I can keep it!
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.