View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Peter - Also very nice!!
What is the tube complement in the SP-2?
Am guessing that it is not remote capable?
Hi Glenn,

Here it is in Dennis' own words:

Quote:
The LP-2 ( Line Preamplifier, second version) uses a pair of 6FM7's in the gain buffer stage with another 6FM7 in the DC high voltage circuitry. The rectifier is a 5Y3. The 6FM7 are a dual dis-similar triode vacuum tubes. One section is the equivalent of a 6SL7 for gain and the other section is a lower impedance 6SN7 for the current source output buffer.
Unfortunately, no remote. I had to think about that one. The thought of getting up and down to change volume was discouraging. But I love his amp enough to want the matched pair as I think these will be long term keepers. I have the SLP05 and will very likely keep that as well. I ordered a decware.com/newsite/ZSB.html . This will allow me to switch between the two preamps going to the one amp. So I can have my cake and eat it, too!

When listening with the LP-2, I can set it to the volume sweet spot and do some limited level adjustment in two places: My streamer/DAC has a preamp mode that engages a level control for the signal it feeds to the preamp. And the tablet app that controls access to my NAS storage has level for the signal fed to the streamer/DAC. So I think I can live with it!

Last edited by jdandy; 03-29-2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Active link to non-sponsor against forum rules.