View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 06:56 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
I have one acquaintance who considers the entire week of her birthday part of the celebration, not just the one day. So "belated" is nice as well. And I think I'm going to take her approach.

Barring something unforeseen I have the week off, so there'd be plenty of time to do something more "birthday-like" as long as it's not too expensive. I thought about some Junior's cheesecake, but after yesterday's debacle with the tortilla chips, maybe not. Even though they're organic, they're still chips. I'll see what I come up with. I'll report anything significant that occurs this week, ESPECIALLY if it's audio-related.
Ok. I did something audio-related. Taking advantage of Transparent's upgrade program, I have ordered two Transparent Premium power cords, which will replace the High-Performance Power Cords on my MC501s now. This is to be my birthday present to myself. I should be able to pick them up from the dealer Friday.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks