View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 04:00 PM

Default The very best review of the Harbeth M40.1 speakers

....is in Tone Audio # 23, by my friend Jeff Dorgay.

After the few months I spent with these speakers, I just found this review and was very surprised at how it precisely describes the strengths of the Harbeth Monitor 40.1 speakers.
I usually find pro audio reviews a bit boring by using tons of "clichés". This review is a true exception. Jeff captured the essence of this awesome speakers better than any other reviewer. I agree to each and every word but especially when he describes the bass performance, opposing the Harbeths to overdamped speakers in the bass and explaining how real instruments are much closer to the Harbeth sound compared to those overdamped bass speakers. This is very precisely how I feel about the bass difference between the WP8 and the Harbeths. The Harbeths just kill the Wilsons when it comes to reveal the true timbre and presence of an acoustic bass sound. The Wilsons may sound more impressive on electric bass. But they are indeed less accurate than the Harbeths. In each every field of sound reproduction.

Listening to my Monitor 40.1 is a an ever amazing experience, opening each and every time, new horizons of musical bliss even for recordings that had no mysteries to me.
I just cannot find any shortcoming to their performance. They surely are not perfect. No speaker is. But they are the perfect speakers for my illness. They are the very first ones that really put me aside from looking at anything else. I just do not care now how the rest of the speakers sound. I AM CURED ! I just want to listen to music and does not care about the gear anymore.

The Monitor 40.1 will be my last speakers for my main system. I will die with them. Along with my Shindo and Verdier components. Now I can spend all my "music" dollars on recordings.
Who wants to bet ?
If you want to really understand why I felt so much in love, just read Jeff's review in Tone Audio.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado