View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 02:13 PM

How a speaker measures has very little relevance to how it will actually sound in someone else's room due to obvious reasons... Wilson uses no less than 3 rooms of various acoustic properties including a room that has adjustable acoustical properties to arrive at a balance of sonic properties and qualities that may actually sound good in a typical room of the end user. All I can say is that I loved to measure my various speakers in my room and Sasha measured by far the flattest in my own room and sounded superb. They were also by far the easiest speaker to position in the room without loosing composure or causing bass problems and anomalies. No one talks about the various room/woofer to woofer induced suck-outs and humps of their own room when they purchase a speaker after reading the reviews when they are in fact a reality for everyone... A good manufacturer will strive for a balance of traits that results in a musical whole at the end user's room and I feel Wilson achieves that in spades.