View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprice View Post
I owned Levinson gear for about 20 years, with never a service problem, never a glitch, only pure enjoyment!

Levinson stuff (starting with the original equipment built by Mark Levinson himself) has always been overbuilt, built to last, built like a tank and always sounded "good" if not superb or, at least, excellent.

I always said that my Levinson equipment was "good enough", and continued to "trade-up" as new models appeared and remained contented by the sound and quality.

I finally sold my Levinson equipment in 2005 because I decided it was time to try something else. At the time I had a No. 32 preamp and a pair of 33H amps along with a full complement of Levinson digital gear.

I did buy a Spectral preamp and a pair of Spectral amps which were equally well built and, to me, sounded a bit better. Later sold the Spectral mono amps and bought a stereo "250" amp which sounds the same as the mono amps, but got a considerable amount of cash to buy something else.

Still love and respect Levinson gear and would recommend it unquestioningly to anyone looking to assemble an "all black" system. Good Stuff!

Also just to add to this I think John Curl also was a design/builder to back in the day, and stuff was a TANK

I think in recent years not so good, but still good gear.