View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLi View Post
Although this thread is for P10 and/or P5, not for stillpoints or Transparent power conditioner, I can't hold to say my experience with stillpoints is that they should placed directly under the component. Putting elastic de-coupler before stillpoints will soften its effect.

If your combination sounds good to you, it is probably possible to have the same effect with a lower grade stillpoiints, ie Ultra SS or even Mini. Perhaps the Ultra 5 can be placed in other places with even better result.
Fortunately, after several days of various combinations, the HRS nimbus coupler turned out NOT to soften the effect...it simply allowed the middle C of the piano tonal weight to return. The clarity for which Stillpoints are well known remained.

As for the Ultra SS and mini, those did not provide the clarity of the Ultra 5s, and now with 27 of the Ultra 5s in the system (along with a few HRS M3Xs on the signal components), i am definitely done! whew!

In most cases, i preferred 4 Ultra 5s per cmponent, but not always, and the HRS nimbus couplers are mainly used with the Ultra 5s that under the power conditioner and PSU...but not the amp. Under the amp, speakers, sub and transport, Ultra 5s alone are great.

Just my experience. that said, 2 other users of Ultra 5s now also have tried the combination with HRS nimbus couplers and found the same return of tonal weight in the mids.