View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musica Amantem View Post
.. I understand bi-amping works best when amps are quite different, for example one more suited to move lower frequencies and the other amp better suited for mid-range and high frequencies, so as to optimize each amp's strong points in the overall presentation...
Using some of my other (tube and solid state) amplifier gear, I attempted this type of approach recently with moderate success, finding that matching two different type power amps (and particularly without separate gain/volume controls) is not as seamless or musical as I had hoped, or at least how I tried it. In fact, I felt the experiment was a complete failure in terms of attempting to achieve better sound. I then went back and re-tested each individual power amp standalone - much better.

This kinda led me back to the idea of using two (closely matched) DH Inspire KT150 Hot Rod amps in a bi-amp or mono block configuration. I'm not sure I can just buy a second one and hope it all works out.

Gonna wait and see if Dennis or Straightwire or someone else tries it first and reports results back to this group though...

Last edited by decooney; 05-20-2018 at 11:35 AM.