View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylee View Post
You know? I have not yet. I'm still learning about various settings to make with cartridges. While I took pains to install the cartridge and align it using Mobile Fidelity's Geo Disk, I haven't looked into VTA yet. That said, the rig sounds terrific. If I can get more out of it than what I'm hearing, I'm very open to advice
Since the Rega arm itself does not incorporate an adjustable height setting, if the VTA needs adjustment it must be made through the use of a spacer under the arm which Rega sells. I believe they have machined metal spacers of various thicknesses as well as an adjustable spacer, but you'd have to check which type is recommended for your specific arm. I'd start by looking at the arm and cartridge on a record from the side to see if the cartridge appears to be parallel to the record. That would be a starting point, and if it looks close to parallel and sounds good it may not require any further adjustment. Some will go so far as to use USB microscopes and/or other more elaborate ways to optimize the SRA to 92 degrees, but achieving that level of accuracy without a continuously variable VTA arm can often be impossible. I'd suggest seeking guidance from your dealer since they sell that table/cartridge combo they'd likely know whether any spacer is recommended. Good luck and enjoy the tunes!