Thread: Sony XBR77A9G
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 11:50 AM

I have a Panasonic 50” plasma in what used to be my library and is now my wife’s office [I took over my daughter’s bedroom when she graduated and move to NYC for a new job]. In my new room I have an LG OLED 65 CX. The sound on the Panasonic started to go but not the picture so I got my wife a JBL Bluetooth speaker which has worked out great (the LG’s sound mostly comes through KT-120 tubes). The LG’s picture is really incredible. That said, the Panasonic’s picture is not a lesser one. The color is right up there with the LG but the resolution is a big less sharp (not necessarily a bad thing, especially on movies). A really good but imperfect analogy would be comparing really good SS with really good (and non-syruppy) tubes. Neither one is lacking, just a touch different. When I am watching one I don’t feel the need to switch to the other.
Bryston BDP-3-->Holo Audio Spring Kitsune Edition DAC-->Prima Luna Dialogue Premium Integreted Amp. Oppo BDP-105D and BDP-203. Power: Shunyata Hydra Sigma S12 PD, WW Silver Electra PC, WW Electra PC, Shunyata Venom 3 PC. Digital: WW Gold Starlight AES-EBU, WW Platinum Starlight USB. IC and Speaker: WW SIlver Eclipse.

Bedroom System (Headphones)
Logitech Squeezebox Touch (w Channel Island PS)-->Schiit Jotunheim DAC/Amp—>Audeze LCD-XC, Drop/Senn. 6XX, Focal Elear, Massdrop E-MU Teak

Travel Survival Kit
Astell & Kern AK120-->Centrance Mini-M8 DAC/Amp and ALO Audio Continental (tube) Amp. Shure se535 Ltd with Moon-Audio Silver Dragon wiring, Beyerdynamic T70P with clear Pilot earpads.

Mall Survival Kit (1 wife, 2 daughters: you can only avoid the mall for so long)
AK120, iPod Classic 160, iPod Touch 64-->Ray Samuels Audio Shadow Amp. Shure se535Ltd, Monster Cable Copper Turbine Pro, iPad Mini