Thread: New x260.8
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 02:40 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Jdsmoke,

Many thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. It does help.

The wider sound stage of the Pass is a large part of what I'm after. l personally enjoy systems that can reveal this. So, that's very good to know. Pass amps have been a long time favorite of mine. And paired with Magico, probably my dream system (well at least one of them).

However, I heard what you did in the showroom concerning the laid back musicality of the Mcs. My dad ran Mcs for decades way back when ... While I didn't much care for his genre of music - in let's say my rebellious long hair teen years - he really enjoyed his music and system ...

Both brands are very nice and great performers in their own unique masterful ways. I don't think I could make a wrong decision either way here ...

The Pass heat really concerns me though. But the house will be brand new (we close next month, I hope ...) with a good AC and it's a very large room (but unfortunately not dedicated to only audio - it's going to need some room wife approved room treatments). While I'm leaning towards the Pass, the heat is a real issue ...

Thanks again.