View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofstoneage View Post
Now i am thinking of an upgrade to a pair of Yvettes.
What do you think? My listening–room has 25m2 and i use a Mcintosh MC312 amp. My listeningroom also is L–shaped. So the right speaker is only about 1m from the side wall apart.
I was in your situation a couple years ago, having a pair of Sabrinas right when the Yvette came out. As I could trade in the Sabrinas for the Yvettes at my dealer, I spent a couple of hours auditioning them on a system with the same source and cabling I had at home. There's no denying that hearing the Sabrina side by side with the Yvette, the Yvette is a significant step up.

However ... after the comparison I drove home (about a 30 minute drive) and listened to my Sabrinas. Audio memory being what it is, I didn't feel that I was missing the Yvettes in my system. I remembered that the Yvettes sounded better, but with the time lapse the Sabrinas still had the same impact on me.

What I did instead was to get a used pair of Sasha 2's from my dealer for about the same price as the Sabrinas new (they also had a demo pair that was still under $20,000, but I liked the color of the used pair more than the demo pair). I done the same thing, hearing them at my dealer and then driving home to listen to my Sabrinas again. But this time I had no doubt that the Sasha's had been a huge step up from the Sabrinas. I purchased them, sold my Sabrinas, and haven't regretted it at all.