Thread: Minima Amator
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 08:37 PM

I picked up my new Sonus faber Minima Amator II yesterday. They’re up and running today and sound wonderful so far: balanced, smooth without being syrupy, excellent midrange and highs, solid articulate bass (within limits of their size of course), and great imaging. The speakers are gorgeous to look at, with craftsmanship worthy of the brand. They still need to break in, and I have new Shunyata Venom speaker cables on order to replace the old Acoustic Zen, so it can only get better from here.

I was worried my little Luxman SQ-N100 with 12 watts wouldn’t have enough power, but so far it’s doing just fine. This system is in our sunroom, the “quiet” room where we have our morning tea or read on rainy afternoons, and I primarily play chamber music, solo piano, small ensemble jazz, etc., at fairly modest volume. I’m sure I’d need more power if I wanted to crank it up and play the Stones or Beethoven’s 5th, but for that I go to the big system anyway. Eventually I may upgrade to something like a PrimaLuna EVO 300 integrated, but for now the Luxman seems just fine.

I’m a happy camper today.

DISCLAIMER: Ivan, if you see is, don’t look at the cable management, I’m not done yet!

D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2