View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 01:17 PM

I've already posted this on another forum. So, if you've already seen it, I apologize. I'm just trying to get more opinions before possibly making a drastic move with my system that wouldn't be easily reversed money wise.

My system is what many would consider a dream system consisting of Wilson Sasha speakers driven by big McIntosh mono blocks and a pair of REL subs. The front end components are also considered top of the line.

Recently, I purchased a pair of Heresy IIIs for a second system in another smaller room. The Heresy's are being driven by Quicksilver V4 amps. To put it mildly, I am amazed at how good this setup sounds and how much I enjoy listening to music on this system. The Heresy's obviously do not have the bass impact and refinement of the "big system", but music just sounds so real and present in this room. The majority of my listening is to classic rock and jazz.

So, my question for this thread. Has anyone heard or has anyone actually sold their big buck components and switched to Klipsch Heritage speakers, Cornwalls, and lived happily ever after? Yes, I know Cornwalls aren't exactly cheap, but compared to what they'd be replacing, I could probably sell the Wilson's, the 500 watt Mac amps and REL subs and buy the Cornwalls and have a lot left over.
Judging from the sound I'm getting from the Heresy's, I imagine the Cornwalls would be amazing.