View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Hi Matt, thanks for your input. I don't have ethernet connections where my system is located & don't have the room for a laptop to sit on top (actually I don't think they look good on audio racks). The W4S modded Sonos looks interesting, though I think the MM AirDream might be a higher end product? I guess my dilemma at the moment is deciding whether i'm better off concentrating on digital radio or the best of analogue (Accuphase)?
I can't help you too much with your dilemma... it's definitely a personal choice. For me, radio is more about news and music discovery, and less about sound quality. I would rather put my audio dollars elsewhere.

Just a small note on the W4S Sonos - it will work on WiFi too, though I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if your goal is to stream Hi Res content. It would be totally fine for internet radio though.

Also, I agree with you about laptops on audio racks. I would only do it if it was something that could be easily hidden. For me, I have a Mac Mini in a cabinet, and for the most part I control it remotely.