View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 01:59 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
I'm definitely adding a Valhalla 2 Triode OTL to my collection for my HD600. I've spent 6 years listening to the HD600 and back in the day as my ONLY system when the kids were really young and playing music in the house in the evenings was out of the question.

In all honesty, the HD600 driven by BROCKSIEPER EARMAX with Telefunken tubes are still the warmest memories from the 30 years of being involved in high end audio. Those late night listening sessions were just magic. Pure musical nirvana.

The HD600 are like an old friend to me, I could never part with them for that reason. They deserve a Triode OTL of their own.
I'm very fond of my HD600s as well; they are an almost-reference quality headphone for very reasonable price. Very natural-sounding.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.