View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Sunday Niagara.......No, I did not compare the stock 3 foot power cable to the Wireworld power cable. The reason being, I did not know the Dectet came with a power cable. In fact, I emailed Ivan to let him know the Dectet I received didn't have a power cable. Then I pulled my MC2301's away from the wall, no small matter, to get to the Furman power box and install the PS Audio Dectet Power Center. After that I struggled to get the MC2301 amps on their stands back into place before the audition. It was only after I wrote the review when I was packing the Dectet inner box back inside the shipping box that I realized the inner box had a fake bottom. It was fitted so well that it looked like the bottom of the box, but when I pulled it up I discovered the power cable underneath. I wasn't going to wrestle those amps away from the wall again to compare the stock power cable to the Wireworld cable I was using with the Dectet. I have all of my components powered with Wireworld Silver Electra power cables. It was only the Furman power box, with its permanently attached power cable, that wasn't up to snuff. I'm sure the Wireworld Silver Electra cable powering the Dectet made some contribution to the improved smoothness I experienced in Claire Martin's voice, but I am positive the Dectet was working a bit of its magic, too.

The design purpose of the PS Audio Dectet is to provide a power center that delivers a specific level of power conditioning, surge protection, plus over and under voltage protection for the audiophile who doesn't want or may not be able to afford a P5 or P10 type component, and do it at an attractive price point. Although I am using the Dectet to extend power from a PurePower 2000 to where I need the power, it's design purpose was not to be merely an extension cord. What is good about the Dectet is it can be used in this manner while adding additional conditioning, shielding and protection.
So, you won't be trying the PS 'cord?