Thread: Next upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 02:33 PM
Racing Hoopties

The MEN220 is a great piece of functionality. It offers a wide range of ways to use it and a large amount of customization within each function.

I used one in the past to very successfully integrate the Sub columns of my IRS Betas by tweaking crossover settings and creating a custom EQ. Without it, my room was barely listenable. With it, my system sounded great.

But it was the crossover and custom EQ function that made it work for me, not so much the Room Correction.

If you need some or all of that functionality by all means buy one.

If you only want to upgrade for the sake of upgrading and are looking for bang for your buck. Take the time to research a way to incorporate artistic room treatments. You can have custom art installed on panels such that the end product looks like Art on your wall.

It’s your $, just make sure you are clear in your goal.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack