View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 08:09 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
VTL may be using Wilson speakers but from what I heard Wilson is not there. Maybe Bill can clarify.
Hi Jim,

Wilson is not displaying at CES. VTL has Duette 2 and Musical Surroundings has Sabrinas on display. But this is not unusual. Though we closely support fellow exhibitors using our products, we have not officially been "active" at CES in many years.

Jim, I know you clearly recognize why some might not participate. As for others' questions on how so many vital manufacturers could possibly miss CES, let me give you my personal opinion.

<Getting on my soapbox> I have been attending CES since Summer 1976. CES was a Trade Show not a consumer show. It was a place for business meetings with dealers and distributors and to a lesser degree, meetings with press. There were other peripheral advantages that came along to add value. Even with unions and high costs, this insured a high ROI for exhibiting manufacturers. When CES no longer delivers on these basic tenets for high end audio, it deserves to die. ROI for high end began falling within a couple of years of opening the floodgates to the public (wink, wink, nod, nod). Yes, I do the math. <Getting off my soapbox>

As always, ymmv.

Bill